South School Park
The park was deeded to the city by the Audrain County R-1 School District on May 19, 1983, specifically for recreational purposes and with the understanding that the old school building would be taken down and all debris cleared away. The north half of the property is blocks 13 & 14 of Bland's 2nd Addition and the south half is an unplotted area. Prior to WWII, the Vandalia Softball League constructed a ball field on the property SW of the school building and in 1947, the Vandalia Softball Association rehabilitated the playing area. In later years, the Vandalia Khoury League, has occupied the park and in 1988-89 made significant improvements to the facility. Vandalia Ball Association (Little League) continues to have games every summer for the local and surrounding communities. On the SE half of the lots, a NEW basketball court was erected for the local kids.